Upon the Fulcrum of War by Stephen L. Nowland

>> Saturday, May 24, 2014


Emotionally scarred from the war, Aiden Wainwright joins with his old companions and attempts to force a peaceful solution to the conflict, all the while convinced the king and his wizard have taken the ancient armour of power and seek to use it to bring a new era of tyranny to the realm. When the truth is finally revealed, events take an unexpected turn that may bring devastation to both realms.



Two years have passed since the narrow victory at Fort Highmarch, and Aiden Wainwright now commands the rebuilt fortress as Baron of Highmarch. But he finds himself helping to perpetuate a war against the neighbouring Kingdom of Tulsone, with no end in sight and a body count climbing ever higher. Two kingdoms, locked in struggle and unable to break free from the decades-long enmity which propels them toward destruction.



Scarred from his experiences, Aiden joins with some of his old companions and attempts to force a peaceful solution to the conflict, all the while convinced the king and his pet wizard have taken the shell of the ancient armour and seek to use it to bring a new era of tyranny to the realm. When the truth is finally revealed, events take an unexpected turn that could bring final devastation to both realms.






About Stephen L. Nowland


I am often astonished by the sheer amount of ideas that go through my head. I've taken it upon myself to harness as many of these as I can, weave them into stories and publish them in one form or another, for fun and profit.



I spent over fifteen years dealing with poor health, including chronic fatigue syndrome (a symptom of other stuff, but annoying nonetheless) which gave me ample time for thinking, but slowed me down in the way of actual writing.



My first novel was actually done back in aught three, but it was a derivative work that I didn't really care for so I scrapped it and started writing a new story for Neverwinter Nights, that RPG video game thing you may or may not have heard of.



The story was so successful (filled with rich, creamy character development) that I lamented that only people playing the game would ever see it. In 2009, with my health improving, I resolved to novelize the stories I'd written, in addition to developing the world in which they exist as the basis for a new fantasy world.



I consider those stories to be merely the first iteration of the saga, for my novels have evolved far beyond the original scope, in terms of detail, plot and character building. Although some claim the first novel in the series does tend to remind people of the video game, they are all true fantasy novels in their own right, and once this first saga is complete, I will be leaving behind the legacy of NWN and pressing ahead with newer, original stories conceived in my beloved world of Feydwiir.



I also paint, and you can expect to see more cover art with each title, becoming more technically sophisticated each time.






Price: $3.99 USD

First 20% Sample: epub | mobi (Kindle) | lrf

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011 © Speed up my Brain, All rights reserved