Butterflies Are Free To Fly: A New and Radical Approach to Spiritual Evolution by Stephen Davis

>> Tuesday, March 11, 2014


When Nicolaus Copernicus discovered the Earth wasn’t the center of the Universe, everything changed. When Frederick Miescher discovered DNA, everything changed again. When quantum physicists discovered our physical universe isn’t real, that it’s a hologram - everything ... wait! Nothing changed - yet. Now "Butterflies Are Free To Fly" offers a new and radical approach to spiritual evolution.



Existe una edición en Español de este libro, "Las mariposas vuelan libres. Un acercamiento nuevo y radical a la evolución espiritual", disponible también en Smashwords (Libro #366179). Busque simplemente "Las mariposas", o pulse en "Also in the Butterflies series". (There is a Spanish edition of this book, “Las mariposas vuelan libres: Un acercamiento innovador y radical a la evolución espiritual,” also available on Smashwords (Book #3667179).Simply search for "Las Mariposas," or click on “Also in the Butterflies series.”)






About Stephen Davis


In his sixty-five years, Stephen Davis has been (in chronological order) one of the co-creators of "Up With People," a Physician’s Assistant in the U.S. Army (Vietnam vet), a commercial airline pilot, an Arizona State Senator, an Aide to L. Ron Hubbard in the Church of Scientology, President of an international management consulting firm (WISE), Director of Development and professor at Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic, computer software designer, horse whisperer, and captain of a whale and dolphin research ship.



He is the author of a number of books and won the George Washington Medal of Honor from Freedoms Foundation for his published article, "The Government Versus the Economy."



In his own words…



Like you, and many others, I’ve spent a lot of time in my life trying to find answers to some very simple questions:



 Who am I?

 Where did I come from?

 How did I get here?

 What am I doing here?

 Why is my life the way it is?



My personal quest began at age nineteen when I went to work with Edgar Cayce’s son at the Association for Research and Enlightenment in Virginia Beach. I took the opportunity to study as many of Cayce’s “readings” as I could from their original transcripts.



From there I went deeper into parapsychological and psychic research, meeting and talking with such notables (at the time) as Dr. J.B. Rhine, who founded the first parapsychology lab at Duke University; Ruth Montgomery ("A Search for Truth"); and Lynn Schroeder and Sheila Ostrander ("Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain"). By the time I reached my twenty-fifth birthday, I owned a theosophical library of several thousand books.



In the next decade I would become a personal “Aide” to L. Ron Hubbard in the Church of Scientology and achieve “OT6” status.



By the time I turned forty-five, I had also dabbled in "A Course in Miracles," Urantia, Eckankar, channeling, Kundalini Yoga, meditation, Numerology, astrology, Tai Chi, Focusing, and Rosicrucianism.



I read all the “Seth” books, along with Walsch's "Conversations with God" and Sitchin’s "Earth Chronicles." I attended numerous self-help seminars and workshops, tried "The Secret," listened to Abraham, watched "What the Bleep Do We Know," and learned everything I could from Peter Marshall, John Bradshaw, Sai Baba, Krishnamurti, Deepak Chopra, Eckart Tolle, and others.



I even studied conventional religions — Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. — and at one time planned on becoming an Episcopal priest.



In the end I still couldn’t find a satisfactory answer to even one of my simple questions — at least not an answer that worked well enough for me and everyone else to create a happy and fulfilling life on a continuous and daily basis.



But I knew there had to be some grain of truth in most of these spiritual philosophies — sometimes well hidden and hard to get at, but some truth none the less. Yet no single philosophy or practice or technique worked for very long, or satisfied me, or produced the kind of life I longed for or believed was possible. Something was just a little “off” in every one of them that seemed like it wasn’t really true, and made both the “old-age” and “new-age” theories come up short.



So I kept searching, putting together a giant jigsaw puzzle, using pieces from everything I had learned along this spiritual journey; and I began to scout a new path toward serenity of being. I now have those answers I so desperately needed and wanted, and the jigsaw puzzle is virtually finished. The result is my latest book, "Butterflies Are Free To Fly: A New and Radical Approach to Spiritual Evolution."






Price: Free!

Download: epub | mobi (Kindle) | pdf

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011 © Speed up my Brain, All rights reserved