John Smith, World Jumper Book One: Portal to Adventure by E. Patrick Dorris

>> Thursday, March 6, 2014


Waking, hospitalized with amnesia during World War I, "John Smith" quickly realizes he is not like other men. John can travel to parallel worlds, seemingly through the power of his own mind.



In this first serial, he not only learns of his power when it is triggered in the stress of combat, but visits an Earth still trapped in an ice age.



WARNING: The John Smith World Jumper series is written specifically to emulate the wordy language patterns of early adventure fiction such as the works of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, and even other Victorian era fiction, such as the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and H.G. Wells. THIS is on purpose, and if you do not like wordy descriptions, humble heroes, long sentences, and other such old fashioned concepts, then this is propbably not the work for you.



It's OK. Other more "modern" works are in the process of being written, and those will be posted as such. But because nobody is writing like this anymore, I just had to see if I could do it.



If you enjoy such stories, then I hope you enjoy John Smith as much as I enjoy writing it!






About E. Patrick Dorris


In my forty something years I have generated a very broad set of experiences and interests, but through it all, I have always read. It seems that at times it is harder to find books that enthrall me, although admittedly I am behind on my reading, so I decided to start writing the kind of stories I'd want to read.



I have always had stories in my head, they intrude at the strangest times. At some point, I discovered that when I took the time to write them down, more stories kept pouring out. There are so many ideas I have, it seems like there won't be enough time to get to them all. I'm starting with one story, in one particular style. But other stories, in different styles are coming. Stay tuned.



My goal in writing is above all to entertain.



Thank you in advance for giving me that opportunity.






Price: Free!

Download: epub | mobi (Kindle) | pdf

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011 © Speed up my Brain, All rights reserved